The BRITAX ROUNDABOUT 55, Silver Lake convertible car seat is designed for children rear facing from 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing from 1 year and 20 lbs up to 55 pounds. The Britax Roundabout 55 Silver Lake achieves revolutionary head safety through the use of BRITAX SafeCellTM Technology, Integrated Steel Bars, and Versa-Tether® that work together to minimize head excursion and reduce the risk of head injury during a frontal impact. The Roundabout 55 also incorporates BRITAX Side Impact Protection, offers a five-point harness, and multiple buckle and recline adjustments. A body pillow is provided for comfort.
360 Degree Protection Features
- SafeCell™ Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Patented, Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether® features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes